Saturday, January 16, 2010

My interest: Photo thwarting

Hi I'm back(again) and today I am going to talk about my interest! Well in this blog you might ask what is Photo thwarting? Well its basically using this software Adobe Photoshop to do anything to improve or screw the picture up.

Let me tell you about how I got to know this program...

It all started last year when I joined my CCA where I had to do a project called ViSIT( Victoria Science Integrated Tutorial). We made these tutorials using Photoshop and Flash for children ranging from 9-12. The tutorial is similar to a powerpoint slide but it looks much more attractive and interactive. My job was to create icons for the home button, forward button, back button, etc.

After a while, I got better at it and I began to enjoy "Photoshopping". During the end of year holidays, I went to Australia with my family. When I returned to Singapore, I decided to use my Photoshop knowledge to make my version of the iPod people. So far, I have made 5 "iPod people" and I am considering to do more if I have the time. One difficulty I faced to complete a "iPod person" was cutting the person out of the image. It is the most time consuming process to complete an "iPod person". I always feel a great sense of accomplishment after "Photoshopping" a picture as it is uniquely mine.

My "Photoshopping" skills are not that great but I hope to improve on it some time in the near future.

Here are some my "art".









No comments:

Post a Comment