Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Infocomm Club training...

Today I had a training session from my CCA. My training session today is about Adobe Illustrator.

Well let me explain what Illustrator is. Adobe Illustrator is a vector graphics editor in other words, it is mainly used for graphic design. So what is the difference between Illustrator and Photoshop? Well the answer is quite a lot. Firstly, Illustrator uses vectors while Photoshop uses pixels. When I am using a vector, I can zoom into the picture as much as I want but the picture will never get blur or "pixelated". Whereas in Photoshop it uses pixel so the picture gets blurred or "pixelated". The second difference is that Illustrator is mainly used to illustrate(kind of obvious) while Photoshop is mainly used to tweak pictures.

As my batch never had any experience with Illustrator, we could not get used to the tools and how they worked. A difficulty I faced in Illustrator was selection. Selection in Photoshop was pretty easy because all one had to do was to right click and press the selection button(the way I have described it is not very accurate and detailed). Whereas in Illustrator, I have no idea how to do that.

I do admit that the reason why I am not good at using Illustrator is because this is the first time I have played with it. I will be forced to used the Illustrator again so I hope I would be better at it.

I hope to better myself at using Illustrator so I can enhance my designing skills.



(I apologise to anyone who does not understand what I am talking about...)






No comments:

Post a Comment