Thursday, January 21, 2010

Australia trip 2009

Today I am going to talk about where I went during the December holidays. As the title says it I went to Australia last year. I went to New South Wales, the southern part of Australia. The main reason my family went to Australia was to have fun and attend some relative's wedding.

What was suppose to be a 3 day wedding trip turned into a two week holiday when my uncle planned the holiday schedule. On the first day, we arrived at the Sydney airport. We rented 2 cars and our first stop was Kiama. What I enjoyed the most in Kiama was the blowhole. The blowhole was something which I had never seen in my entire. I was amazed at the sight of the blowhole as it sprayed water up to 25 meters.

The second stop I went was Canberra. I did not have that much fun there as the only thing we did there was shopping and going to the flea market.

The third stop which I enjoyed most was Cooma. As it was summer, the temperature was not so cold. The temperature was only about 23 degrees Celsius so it did not really affect us. Somewhere in Cooma, we drove to the Snowy Mountains for half a day where I suffered quite alot. As it was summer, we could not experience snow. In the Snowy Mountains, the temperature there was about 2 degrees Celsius. I was fully equipped to fight the cold but the only thing I did not have were a pair of gloves. First we had to climb 1 kilometer to get to the top where we could have lunch at some restaurant. Unfortunately, the restaurant was closed until the end of Christmas. From that point , we continued to walk further into the mountains. After another kilometer of walking, the bad weather kicked in and it started to shower mini hail stones at us. The journey had to stop as we feared that the hail would deteriorate. I was actually quite happy to go back as my hands were freezing!

Lastly the next stop was Sydney where the wedding was held there. A day before the wedding, my Australian cousins brought me around Sydney. We walked the Sydney Habour Bridge. I realised that alot of people jog on the bridge. From the bridge, we could also see the Sydney Opera House. On the wedding day, I experienced a different type of wedding where the registry of marriage was held in a garden.

I greatly enjoyed the experience in Australia and I hope to go there again!



Here are some of the pictures:







No comments:

Post a Comment