Thursday, January 14, 2010

Enjoying Home Cooked Food

Well today I am going to blog about food. I did not go out to some restaurant to blog about but to dedicate this to the people who have been feeding me this homely, nutritious and toothsome meal.


First let me introduce what has been cooked today. The dish at the top left is called water crest.
Wolfberries and almonds
have been added to further enhance
the taste of the vegetable.
Because it has been boiled in the soup,
the water crest has absorbed some of the
soup in it. So when you chew on it, some of the soup
will "burst" into your mouth.

The dish at the top right is called "Ngohiang"
(not sure what its called in English).
Basically its yam, peanuts and onions wrap in bean
curd skin deep fried in oil. For your information,
this is the vegetarian style of "Ngohiang".
The original version has meat in it.
In my opinion, I do not like
to eat the vegetarian type as I
find the texture of the yam weird.


The last dish is just an omelet with some onions and chicken mixed together. What was special about this dish was that there was a balance between the chicken and the egg.


Lastly, to end off the meal, I drank the water crest soup which was boiled from water crest(kind of obvious), wolfberries, almonds and some pork ribs. Because of the wolfberries, the soup tasted sweet.


To sum it up, I enjoyed the meal!





I would like to thank my mother for buying the ingredients back from the market, my maid for cooking the food and my grandmother for making the "Ngohiang".

No comments:

Post a Comment